If you’re contemplating taking up a shooting sport, then there are some things which you will know. Firstly, you will have to decide which type of shooting sport to go into, for example clay pigeon, airsoft games or even hunting (note: there are more than these three). It is important to know which sport you’re going into so that you can prepare yourself by researching all the tips and advice and getting suitable clothing and equipment. Many people love shooting due to the thrill and excitement, but it is also popular because of the mental and physical health benefits.
So what exactly do you need to know when it comes to the law about shooting?
- People under the age of fourteen can only shoot a gun on a private premise when supervised by someone over the age of twenty-one.
- People between the age of fourteen and seventeen can borrow an air rifle but also must have permission when shooting on private premises.
- Adding to this people under the age of twenty-one can only carry a gun around in a public area if they have a valid reason to do this, and also they must be supervised by someone again over the age of twenty-one.
Now you know more about what the law requirement is for shooting, it is important to know some of the basic rules for when you’re wanting shoot.
Basic Rules for Shooting:
- If your gun isn’t loaded always make sure that the barrel of the gun is pointed towards the floor and is only lifted when you’re ready to shoot. This is essential to ensure that no accidents occur.
- As everyone says practice makes perfect, so for beginners, even though it isn’t a written rule, we always advise them to go to a shooting range before participating in any events. Firstly, to practice all the other rules required, and to ensure that they’re skilled, because failing can often dishearten people, and that’s the last thing we want.
- Always ensure that you get a gun which is firstly suited to your sport, and secondly which fits you properly. For further details on the type of guns and accessories you can get visit, solware.co.uk.
- Adding to the previous point, always ensure that you get the right clothing and equipment for the sport you choose to play. Therefore, if it requires waterproofs, goggles, ear muffs, make sure that you get them.
Before shooting, shout out what your target is. This is essential as it informs the surrounding people what you’re trying to aim for and also keeps you and everyone else safe.